Specify the volume of water in multiples of 1 liter (it is possible to have a smaller multiplicity, this will also affect the number of ingredients)
Mors — berry juice, diluted with water and sweetened. This is a traditional non-carbonated soft drink for Russian cuisine.
Berries are most often used for the preparation of mors: cranberries, lingonberries, red or black currants, cherries, blackberries. They are ground, poured with water and boiled for several minutes. The resulting drink is filtered and sugar or honey is added. Mors can be drunk both chilled and hot.
Tips for making morse:
- Before preparing the drink, you need to thoroughly wash the berries and fruits, remove the stems, twigs, leaves, they can spoil the taste.
- So that the berries give more juice, they can be doused with boiling water before cooking.
- To make the fruit drink delicious, the juice in it should be about 25-30% or more.
- It is best to grind the berries in a non-oxidizing dish with a wooden spoon or pestle. Metal will give the drink an unpleasant taste.
- You can squeeze the juice from the berries using a juicer, blender, through a linen cloth or a hair sieve, be sure to filter so that the bones do not fall.
- To make the taste of the morse more saturated, it can be allowed to infuse for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- To preserve the maximum vitamins before heat treatment, you need to squeeze the juice out of the berries, then boil the pomace, then add raw berry juice to the broth.
- Citrus peel and pieces will make the taste of the fruit drink more diverse.
- Do not throw away the pomace, there are a lot of useful substances left in them: use them to prepare the basis for the morse.
- If you add honey, add honey only to a warm or completely cooled morse - then the drink will turn out not only delicious, but also useful.
- Frozen berries must be thawed before cooking. At the same time, it is important that the process turns out to be as natural as possible. Ideally, the berries should first be transferred from the freezer to the refrigerator chamber and after 5-6 hours they should be removed from there for further defrosting at room temperature. To give the juice an original taste, add lemon zest, mint, cinnamon and other similar additives to your taste.
- Use berries, fruits and vegetables without signs of damage and rot to prepare the fruit drink.
- Mors can be used as a base for non-alcoholic and alcoholic cocktails.
- In the summer heat, the morse can be served chilled with ice and pieces of berries or fruits, and in winter - warm.
◀ All calculations
Download our app Google Play