Specify the volume of water in multiples of 1 liter (it is possible to have a smaller multiplicity, this will also affect the number of ingredients)
Kvass is a traditional Slavic and Baltic sour drink, which is prepared on the basis of fermentation from flour and malt or from dry rye bread, sometimes with the addition of fragrant herbs, honey, wax; it is also prepared from beets, fruits, berries.
The drink is nutritious, with a sour-sweet taste. Now it belongs to non-alcoholic, but in ancient times it could be equated with wine by strength. They used it daily. It was also a drink for special occasions, and also the inhabitants of Russia considered it curative.
- You can cook kvass from any kind of bread, but drinks are tastier if you use black rye (preferably without cumin, dill, seeds, etc.). Breadcrumbs for kvass should be cooked without spices and oil.
- For the preparation of bread kvass, it is better to use glass or enameled dishes.
- During fermentation in tightly closed containers, it is necessary to carefully monitor the level of carbon dioxide, since high pressure can break the bottles.
- It is better to use ready-made kvass within 2-3 days, otherwise it becomes sour and loses its taste.
- It is recommended to store kvass in a cold place. A chilled drink is also tastier.
- To prepare berry and fruit kvass, berries and fruits must be sorted out before use, rotten and wormy ones must be removed, rinsed well and slightly dried. The fruits should be taken ripe, preferably fresh.
- Kvass is protected from exposure to sunlight, rain, dust. The dishes must be absolutely clean.
- For the preparation of kvass, only well-boiled cooled water is used. The wort is prepared only in a ventilated room.
- To improve the taste, you can add cinnamon, mint and other spices to kvass.
- The process of maturation of kvass is caused by alcoholic and lactic acid fermentation. Yeast cells best cause fermentation at 25-30 ° C, so the maturing drink is initially kept in a warm place. It is better to store the finished drink in the cold, since not only is it not lost, but even its taste improves.
◀ All calculations
Download our app Google Play